The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (hereinafter referred to as “the Organization”), is an intergovernmental Organization that grants and administers Intellectual Property titles on behalf of the member states and provides Intellectual Property information to its clientele in the form of search services, publications and awareness creation. Membership of the organisation is open to all states members of the African Union (AU) or of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The present members of the Organization are:Botswana, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.(Total: 19 states)
The ARIPO Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment to the post of Finance Assistant on a Fixed-term contract of two years, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.
This post is open to Zimbabwean nationals ONLY.
- Receive cash payments and undertake banking
- Prepare receipts and Form B’s for payments and fees received
- Liaise with Patent Attorneys on matters relating to payments of IP rights, including queries
- Prepare and issue accurate and timely invoices for services rendered
- Extract, input, copy and file data and documents
- Prepare revenue journal
- Ensure receipts and Form Bs are channelled to the relevant Department(s) for filing
- Perform delegated tasks
- Diploma in Accounting
- 3 years post qualification experience
- Professional accounting qualification(s)
- Confidentiality, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary US$11,801 per annum
- Housing allowance
- Child dependency allowance
- Spouse allowance
- Contributory medical insurance scheme
- Annual leave of 30 working days
Applicants should submit application letters, detailed curriculum vitae indicating pertinent personal data including marital status and dependants, two-passport size photographs and accompanied by certified copies of relevant educational and professional certificates and names and addresses of two referees by 31 March 2017.
Applications should be sent to:
The Director General
African Regional Intellectual Property Organization
11 Natal Road, Belgravia
P O Box 4228
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ARIPO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations type medical examination.