The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (hereinafter referred to as “the Organization”), is an intergovernmental Organization that grants and administers Intellectual Property (IP) titles on behalf of its Member States and provides IP information to its clientele in the form of search services, publications and awareness creation. Membership of the organisation is open to all Member States of the African Union (AU) or of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The present members of the Organization are: Botswana, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. (Total: 19 states)
The ARIPO Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment to the following post at the General Service Category on a Fixed-term contract of two years, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.
This post is open to Zimbabwean nationals ONLY.
REF: 001/18/HC-HUMAN CAPITAL ASSOCIATE
1. Assist in the implementation of the People and Organizational Transformation strategy
2. Participate in recruitment and selection processes
3. Contribute to the development, implementation and interpretation of Human Capital policies and procedures
4. Proactively update and maintain the Human Capital Information System to ensure best practice
5. Assist in identifying staff training requirements and facilitate cost effective, efficient delivery of training services
6. Assist in the implementation of the performance management system
7. Participate in employee relations management processes
8. Provide compliant, timely and accurate leave, benefits, employee records management and payroll support services
9. Prepare relevant Human Capital metrics 10. Perform delegated tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Psychology plus a full Institute of People Management of Zimbabwe (IPMZ) Diploma
• 3 years’ post qualification experience in the human capital field
• Graduate development program experience is a distinct advantage
• Confidentiality, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining adaptable and flexible
• Not more than 35 years of age
Applicants should submit application letters, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae indicating pertinent personal data including marital status and dependants, two-passport size photographs and accompanied by certified copies of relevant educational and professional certificates and names and full contact details of two professional referees by 26 January 2018.
Applications should be sent to:
The Director General African Regional Intellectual Property Organization 11 Natal Road, Belgravia P O Box 4228 HARARE Zimbabwe
Only shortlisted candidates formally will be contacted.
ARIPO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations type medical examination.