The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (hereinafter referred to as “the Organization”), is an intergovernmental Organization that grants and administers Intellectual Property (IP) titles on behalf of its Member States and provides IP information to its clientele in the form of search services, publications and awareness creation. Membership of the organisation is open to all Member States of the African Union (AU) or of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
The present members of the Organization are: Botswana, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. (Total: 19 states)
The ARIPO Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment to the following post at the General Service Category on a Fixed-term contract of two years, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.
This post is open to Zimbabwean nationals ONLY.
REF: 002/18/FE-FORMALITIES EXAMINER
1. Checking for fulfilment of filing requirements for Industrial Property (IP) applications and advising applicants/agents accordingly
2. Conduct Formality Examination for IP applications
3. Prepare and issue certificates of grant or registration for IP titles
4. Prepare responses to correspondences
5. Undertake quality control checks on generated notifications
6. Complement Data Capturers and registry duties
7. Attend to Customer Services Desk
8. Participate in capacity building initiatives
9. Perform delegated tasks
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Information and Communication Technologies, Communication/Information Sciences
• 3 years post qualification experience in a similar environment
• Confidentiality, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining adaptable and flexible
• Not more than 35 years of age
Applicants should submit application letters, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae indicating pertinent personal data including marital status and dependants, two-passport size photographs and accompanied by certified copies of relevant educational and professional certificates and names and full contact details of two professional referees by 26 January 2018.
Applications should be sent to:
The Director General African Regional Intellectual Property Organization 11 Natal Road, Belgravia P O Box 4228 HARARE Zimbabwe
Only shortlisted candidates formally will be contacted.
ARIPO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations type medical examination.